This module created by IE University aims at helping participants to spot market needs, analyse them in depth, and understand how they can be transformed into opportunities for entrepreneurship. At a second stage, participants will learn how to read the market and how to establish business operations in a complex environment comprised of customers, competitors, collaborators, and complex environmental influences.
This training targets health researchers, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and individuals that support and coach entrepreneurial projects who wish to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to read their market and adapt their business operations to it.
The e-training does not have an obligatory schedule that the participants have to follow. Users can come back and benefit from the training course anytime without limitations.
The estimated number of hours is: 5 hours
- Basic computer skills (Internet browser, flash viewer, video viewer online)
- Basic information literacy skills (being able to search on the Internet and access/use some ICT applications)
After the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify existing or latent customer needs, and understand whether and how these can be transformed into opportunities for entrepreneurship.
- Understand the intricacies of divergent and convergent thinking, and their role and value in the creation of entrepreneurial ventures.
- Understand different potential sources of funding for entrepreneurial ventures, and different investors’ diverse goals and modus operandi.
- Develop a disciplined approach to the analysis of business problems.
- Assess market opportunities by analyzing customers, competitors, collaborators, context, and the strengths and weaknesses of a company.
- Develop effective marketing strategies blending the capabilities of the company, the needs of the customers, and the demands of the environment.
- Design a strategy implementation program to maximize the chance of marketing strategy success.
There is no certificate provided to the participants after finishing the e-learning course.